Education as a Vaccine is a non-governmental youth-focused organization that works in partnership with children and young people to advance their rights to health and protection from all forms of violence by strengthening their capacities providing direct services, and influencing policies for improved quality of life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of program activities at community or state levels.
- Provide technical inputs into the implementation of project activities including identification and selection of project sites or targets; development of strategies; delivery of capacity building activities such as training; and development of communication materials
- With support from the HoP, identify, cultivate, and expand network of key political allies, including relevant Nigerian government agencies, key lawmakers, staffers, advocates, NGOs/FBOs, multilaterals, and the private sector to advance the policy
- Coordinate/Manage the activities of project partners and volunteers and provide support/supervision as required.
- Develop and execute strategies for sustainability of project interventions in target communities
- Track project inputs, outputs and outcomes using organizational monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Document project progress, challenges and lessons learnt in monthly progress report for submission to HOP and funders/partners.
- Develop technical briefs and best practices publication to share project lessons with external stakeholders.
- Report on project service statistics monthly to EVA and partner/funder M&E team on a monthly basis
- Support the development of quarterly organizational newsletter, updates and annual reports
- Manage financial information and reporting requirements of EVA ICCS grants.
- Source for new funding opportunities and contribute to the development of proposals and concept papers.
- Perform any other duties assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Public Health, International Relations, Gender Studies, International Development, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking, fluent written/spoken English
- Experience working with local NGOs required
- Experience working and building collaborative relations with members of civil society, government, academia, and the private sector
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative as well as develop and implement programs
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to lead, inspire, manage, and mentor staff at both individual and collective level.
N200,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online