d’un ( 01) Program Officer
About Helen Keller International
Neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) are preventable diseases that affect more than 1.7 billion people worldwide, particularly in tropical countries. These diseases have a devastating impact on poor communities. They disproportionately affect children, women and people with disabilities. These diseases are said to be “neglected” because the people affected by them do not receive much government attention, nor are they a public health priority. In Cameroon, Helen Keller International is a historical partner of the Ministry of Public Health (MINSANTE) in the fight against NTDs. The Organization is currently the local implementing partner for the Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) program|West USAID (Act|West Program). This grant, received through FHI360, aims to support NTD-endemic countries with the goal of eliminating and/or controlling these diseases, through proven, cost-effective public health interventions. Act|West’s interventions focus on onchocerciasis, trachoma and lymphatic filariasis, and the program covers all 10 regions of the country. Each of the regions receives technical support either from Helen Keller International or from one of its partners (thanks to the expertise of their respective Program Officers). Act|West’s interventions focus on onchocerciasis, trachoma and lymphatic filariasis, and the program covers all 10 regions of the country. Each of the regions receives technical support either from Helen Keller International or from one of its partners (thanks to the expertise of their respective Program Officers). Act|West’s interventions focus on onchocerciasis, trachoma and lymphatic filariasis, and the program covers all 10 regions of the country. Each of the regions receives technical support either from Helen Keller International or from one of its partners (thanks to the expertise of their respective Program Officers).
Helen Keller International Cameroon is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Program Officer.
Job Title : Program Officer
Place of performance of the contract : Yaoundé, Center region (with frequent trips to the health districts, health areas and community of the region of assignment.
Supervised by : Health System Director
Type of contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : One (01) year with possibility of renewal
The Program Officer (PO) is responsible for monitoring the implementation of all phases of NTD (Neglected Tropical Diseases) projects in his area of assignment. As such, he/she is the direct interface between Helen Keller International and the targeted Regional Public Health Delegation (DRSP). He is the privileged interlocutor of the Regional Public Health Delegate for all questions related to NTD projects funded by Helen Keller in his region. He interacts daily with the MTN regional framework team to ensure the preparation, implementation and monitoring of MTN project activities. He regularly reports to the head of the MTN Department on the progress of projects and in addition to being a major player in Helen Keller International’s Quality Assurance,
I- Program Management
- Provide technical support to the regional management teams of the NTD control programs of the MINSANTE, in the preparation, implementation and reporting of all the activities included in the workplans approved by the donors.
- Provide support to the regional NTD management teams of the Ministry of Health for the formative supervision process of actors at the peripheral level of the health system (health district, health area, community distributors) in compliance with security conditions
- Ensure the dissemination of the results of the program and the visibility of Helen Keller’s actions in the fight against NTDs. This requires working in collaboration with the Health System Director and the Communication Officer.
- Contribute to the development of budgeted annual work plans
- Propose innovative solutions to improve the quality of the implementation of program activities;
- Identify and document good practices and lessons learned from the implementation of activities in the regions under his responsibility
II- Grant Management
Work closely with the Grants & Procurement Manager to:
- Prepare and finalize the FAA packages of the regions under his responsibility
- Monitor the implementation of the Fixed Amount Awards (FAA) signed between Helen Keller and the regions under her responsibility. This includes the following aspects:
- Strengthen the capacities of the MTN regional framework teams of the regions that are under its responsibility for the implementation of the FAA,
- Monitor the implementation of all activities contained in the FAAs of the targeted regions,
- Work closely with targeted regions to ensure expected programmatic deliverables are complete and submitted on time.
III- Monitoring, Evaluation et reporting
Work in close collaboration with the team in charge of Monitoring and Evaluation to:
- Develop/update data management tools used during mass drug distribution campaigns in targeted regions;
- Contribute to strengthening the technical capacities of regional management teams and health district teams in the proper use of the data management tools put in place;
- Fill in the programmatic indicators (monthly and semi-annually) based on data from the targeted regions.
IV- Quality improvement (QI model)
- Provide coaching to targeted health districts in the implementation of quality improvement activities
- Monitor the implementation of quality improvement activities in the targeted regions, including the composition of teams, the development of the action plan, its implementation and monitoring of activities.
- Ensure reporting to the donor and to the MINSANTE of the progress of the implementation of quality improvement
V- Team supervision and management
- Provide training supervision and coaching of staff responsible for contributing to technical assistance to the Regional Delegations of Public Health. This includes:
- Sharing information, tools and resources with team members to improve performance and achieve goals;
- Promoting accountability of team members (communicating expectations and providing constructive feedback through regular one-on-one interviews and performance reviews);
- The Senior Program Officer will also perform any other professional duties assigned by the hierarchy of the Organization.
- Cameroonian nationality;
- Have a minimum BAC+5 university degree in social sciences, epidemiology, project management, health sciences, public health or any other related fields.
- Have at least 05 years of professional experience. Experience with non-governmental organizations would be an asset;
- Experience working with the Cameroonian health system would be an asset.
- Have good writing skills for abstracts and other scientific articles
- Master the use of statistical analysis software and tools (SPSS, Epi info, R, ENA, ODK, ONA.IO).
- Master office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and electronic messaging. The manipulation of pivot tables, the automation of calculations, functions, matrix calculations, tables of hypotheses, and macros in Excel will be assets.
- Be bilingual (French and English). Having good writing skills in English will be an asset;
- Good adaptability;
- Sense of confidentiality;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Constitution of the application file :
- A letter of motivation addressed to the National Director of Helen Keller International;
- One course of life;
- Persons or reference structures to contact including at least one former direct supervisor.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send their complete file to [email protected] indicating the position title in the subject line . The deadline for submitting applications: April 28, 2023 at midnight, strict deadline .
Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity of all genders is fully valued.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, caste, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic that does not does not affect the ability to perform the required tasks.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities.
If you are a qualified person with a disability and need to request accommodation during the job application or interview process, please contact us at the above email address or by phone: ctoukam@hki . org
NB : HELEN KELLER INTERNATIONAL
- DO NOT RECRUIT THROUGH A RECRUITMENT AGENCY;
- DO NOT ASK ANY FEES OF ANY FORM FROM THE CANDIDATE;
- DO NOT ASK FOR CANDIDATES’ BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION;
- ALL RECRUITMENTS ARE FREE