Helen Keller Intl is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) created in 1915 and headquartered in New York – USA. Its mission is to save and improve the sight and lives of the world’s most vulnerable and disadvantaged people, by combating the causes and consequences of blindness, ill health and malnutrition.
For the implementation and strengthening of its Vitamin A Supplementation Program and nutrition in general, Helen Keller Intl Guinea is looking for qualified and experienced candidates for the position of Senior Program Coordinator, Nutrition and Strengthening of the Health System. Health.
The Senior Program Coordinator, Nutrition and Health System Strengthening will be responsible for ensuring that interventions and responses in the fight against vitamin A deficiencies and other micronutrients in Guinea are of quality and promote maternal and child survival, based on national strategic priorities.
In coordination with the Ministry of Health and Public Hygiene and other partners, He/she will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the Vitamin A Supplementation (VAS) program and other high quality micronutrients for ensure that these programs contribute to the strengthening of the health system to improve the nutritional care of children from 06 to 59 months and of pregnant women and of childbearing age.
The incumbent will work closely with the regional and global VAS and Nutrition team of Helen Keller Intl as well as the government structures of the Ministry of Health and Public Hygiene and partners to contribute to the strengthening of the program of VAS and nutrition and the quality of the interventions.
- Coordinate with other partners the process of transitioning VAS campaigns into routine service.
- Support the development of a national health and nutrition policy document outlining how VAS will be implemented routinely.
- Collaborate with Nutrition Leads to achieve VAS program objectives.
- Promote the provision of health and nutrition services, including VAS, at all levels of the health system through a comprehensive communication and advocacy strategy.
- Ensure that the implementation of VAS activities conforms to internationally accepted standards and national guidelines.
- Identify existing gaps in program implementation and new opportunities for vitamin A and nutrition-related projects in general while liaising with interested partners and stakeholders to ensure activities are supported. align with best practice in the nutrition sector.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the VAS program to review progress towards objectives by organizing regular review meetings, update meetings and experience sharing among staff.
- Initiate and coordinate advocacy activities for significant public funding for nutrition.
- Propose and support the implementation of social mobilization activities at the community level to improve demand and needs for VAS and nutrition in general.
- Support the development of health system strengthening projects that integrate and incorporate VAS and the treatment of malnutrition as an integral component of the minimum health package.
- Support the implementation of other life-saving nutrition interventions, including promotion of optimal breastfeeding, screening and treatment of acute malnutrition at the community level.
- Ensure availability and access to VAS supplementation and treatment of malnutrition at all levels of the health system (including community level).
- Support the project team in nutrition assessments and surveys in existing and potential areas, following nationally and Helen Keller Intl approved survey protocol, for program expansion and results of nutrition assessments. supply in the proposals if necessary.
- Ensure the proper functioning of systems data flow mechanisms, regular monitoring and evaluation of the program against its objectives and expected results.
- Advise and maintain discussion with the team for critical monitoring of all aspects of nutrition activities and identify areas of concern and submit workable solutions for identified challenges.
- Assess the training needs of nutrition staff and develop a training program to meet these needs or identify relevant short-term training programs to enhance performance;
- Support the country office and government structures to facilitate the development/adaptation of nutrition training manuals.
- Liaise with nutrition and other experts to ensure specialist support is available at field/district/activity level to increase coverage and overall effectiveness of the VAS program.
- Actively participate and represent Helen Keller Intl in nutrition sector forums, discussions and coordination activities, serve as the nutrition resource person for Helen Keller Intl Guinea and provide technical and organizational leadership in sector activities.
- Create and maintain harmonious relationships and open collaboration with government and local stakeholders.
- Coordinate Helen Keller Intl Guinea nutrition activities across a wide range of actors including donors, government, UN and NGO partners to ensure programming consistency.
Finance et Administration
- Prepare a detailed work plan and budget plan for VAS activities including health system strengthening and ensure the implementation of planned activities according to the work plan adhering to the budget in accordance with Helen Keller Intl standards and monitor the expenditures of the approved program.
- Support and motivate program staff in their work, providing appropriate training, coaching and supervision by technical managers.
- Participate in the recruitment and manage the training of staff, perform performance monitoring in collaboration with the human resources manager, ensure that standards and protocols are respected.
- Ensure an equitable distribution of human, material and financial resources
- Organize and track all other purchases necessary for the projects.
- Masters/PhD in Health, Nutrition, and/or Public Health.
- At least 08 years of experience as a Specialist and / or Technical Advisor in NGOs in the design and implementation of development programs in the field of nutrition.
- Experience in technical support to health systems at national or decentralized level.
- Strong understanding of the nutrition sector in Guinea, provision of care, decentralization of community-based health/nutrition systems, governance.
- Proven skills in program design, monitoring and evaluation for sustainable impact at scale.
- Experience in strategy development and planning and resource mobilization in the nutrition sector.
- Experience in nutrition context, capacity and policy analysis, as well as advocacy at regional/international level to hold duty-bearers accountable for the realization of children’s rights on access to care quality health and nutrition.
- Skills in networking, advocacy and partnership development to promote learning, strengthen civil society and mobilize resources.
- Significant experience in training, capacity building and mentoring.
- High level proficiency in writing and communication skills in French.
- Knowledge of English is an asset.
How to apply
COMPOSITION AND FILING OF FILES
- The application file for each position consists of a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and a cover letter addressed to the Country Director of Helen Keller Intl Guinea.
- Those interested in this job are requested to send their application by e-mail to the following address: [email protected];
- Put in the subject field: “ Senior Program Coordinator, Nutrition and Health System Strengthening ”
- Applications will be received until May 25, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
- Only pre-selected candidates will be invited to a written and/or oral test;
Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity of all genders is fully valued.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, caste, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic that does not does not affect the ability to perform the required tasks.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities.
If you are a qualified person with a disability and need to request accommodation during the job application or interview process, please contact us at the email address above
HELEN KELLER INTL
- DOES NOT ASK ANY FEES DURING THE ENTIRE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (HIRE REQUEST, TEST, INTERVIEWS, PROCESSING OF FILE OR TRAINING)
- DOES NOT ASK FOR CANDIDATE BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION
- DO NOT RECRUIT THROUGH A RECRUITMENT AGENCY