International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Senior Program Officer (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – CDC)
Department/Location: Institutional Support & Program Implementation (ISPI) Practice/ Pretoria, South Africa
Reports To: Principal, ISPI Practice
Type: Regular Full-Time (approximately 6/15/2023 to 6/14/2028)
Clearance Type: Facilities
Overview: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) South Africa exclusively implements the PEPFAR Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) program, including working with the Government of South Africa and The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) VMMC implementing partners to: (1) strengthen monitoring of services, especially those performed by private service providers; (2) support program quality and roll-out of data quality initiatives; and (3) ensure client safety and adverse event monitoring. The primary objectives are to support the CDC South Africa prevention portfolio, including overseeing VMMC program quality.
This is a live proposal. This vacancy is subject to IBTCI being awarded the activity.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to CDC South Africa and Government of South Africa on roll-out of innovations and program adaptations learned from COVID pandemic to PEPFAR-supported HIV prevention activities.
- Assist CDC South Africa in roll-out of innovative demand generation activities for VMMC, such as doorto-door mobilization in hard-to-reach informal settlements and stop-and-talk mobilization at taxi ranks in the metros and high traffic areas.
- Strengthen prevention program monitoring and data quality initiatives, including implementing data integration and visualization best practices for high priority projects in accordance with South African Government (SAG) national guidelines and PEPFAR goals and principles.
- Assist CDC South Africa staff with understanding data needs, strengths and weaknesses in its prevention portfolio and provide ongoing guidance and support for data utilization.
- Assist CDC South Africa branch staff with analysis and presentations for key office deliverables (e.g., Country Operational Plan (COP), Quarterly Program Reviews, PEPFAR Interagency Oversight/Management Committee Meetings).
- Support alignment of between Government of South Africa and CDC South Africa’s comprehensive VMMC program quality assurance activities.
- Provide technical assistance in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV prevention programs in South Africa.
- Recommend/promote/facilitate the maintenance and improvement of standards of VMMC services in South Africa.
- Participate in training programs for the Government of South Africa and PEPFAR implementing partner staff designed to enhance staff skills in HIV prevention programming.
- Assist CDC South Africa implementing partners with the development of proposals and work plans for implementing HIV prevention activities.
- Conduct site meeting and visits to CDC South Africa implementing partners to assess, monitor and evaluate implementation of HIV prevention programming, including VMMC services.
- Assist CDC South Africa in the development of program evaluation strategies and data quality assurance initiatives for VMMC in accordance with standard guideline and protocols.
- Facilitate dissemination of scientific evidence and finding of program assessments, monitoring, and evaluation of HIV programs to Government of South Africa and CDC South Africa implementing partners.
- Support CDC South Africa to roll-out innovative demand generation activities for VMMC services, such as door-to-door mobilization in hard-to-reach informal settlements and stop-and-talk mobilization at taxi ranks in the metros and high traffic areas.
- Work with CDC South Africa and Government of South Africa to develop and disseminate appropriate and client-centered HIV prevention policies and messages that ensure client safety and program integrity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- International experience working with Ministries/Departments of Health, with a strong preference for prior work experience working with South Africa’s National Department of Health.
- Experience in analyzing data from PEPFAR information systems including DATIM, Expenditure Analysis, and SIMS.
- Advanced training in epidemiology and public health evaluation.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance (Public Trust) by the National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) and a Credit Check, and possible Minimum or Limited Background Investigation.
- Oral and written fluency in English required, fluency in another language preferred.
Education: Graduate degree in informatics, computer science, or other related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: 2 trips to international location (including United States) for up to 5 days plus travel. 10 trips within South Africa for up to 5 days plus travel.
Work Authorization: Only U.S. citizens or non-U.S. citizens who have lived in the U.S. at least three of the last five years are eligible to provide services under this task order. The exception to this is an incumbent non-U.S. citizen contractor employee with current, valid security clearance for physical and logical access to CDC and embassy facilities and network. If the exception stated above is used, do not include any contractor employee who is considered an ordinarily resident in your proposal. Ordinarily resident: A U.S. citizen or Third Country National who: (1) is a local resident;(2) has legal, permanent resident status within the host country; and (3) is subject to host country employment and tax laws. This also includes host country citizens.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page, https://careers.ibtci.com/jobs).