- Supporting strategic development of Plan International Germany’s project portfolio in the area of SRHR, in line with Plan International Germany’s and donors’ priorities
- Providing technical advisory support to Plan International Germany’s teams and country offices in the field of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in both development and emergency contexts, at all stages of the programme cycle. This includes contributing to programme assessments, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SRHR and multi-thematic projects.
- Strengthening the capacity of colleagues at Plan International Germany and in country offices to ensure smooth design and implementation of projects, aligned with best practices, international standards and guidelines, as well as Plan International’s technical SRHR network
- Developing and adapting tailored SRHR programming guidelines and tools in line with Plan International Germany programme priorities
- Promoting organisational learning on SRHR through collecting and publishing case studies and reports on good practices, lessons learned, etc.
- Actively collaborating with Plan International’s network of SRHR experts, supporting joint initiatives, contributing to the development of global guidance, and providing thought leadership
- Commitment to Plan International values, and ability to represent and advocate for Plan’s SRHR positions internally and externally, including relating to a woman’s right to choose.
- Completed studies in a relevant subject (e.g. public health, nursing, gender studies, sociology, social work etc.), or comparable training, is required.
- Three to five years of professional experience in the field of SRHR and international cooperation/humanitarian action.
- At least two years of international programmatic experience in SRHR or a related field is required.
- Demonstrated expertise working with international donors, and the ability to design high-quality programmes and develop proposals, based on a solid understanding of country contexts and programmatic needs. Experience with German, European and UN donors is an advantage (especially GFFO, BMZ, ECHO, INTPA, and UNFPA).
- Experience of strengthening capacity on SRHR technical areas with a variety of audiences.
- Good knowledge and experience of international guidelines, standards, and toolkits relating to SRHR in development and humanitarian contexts, and demonstrated commitment to staying informed and up to date with best practices in the field.
- Very good written and spoken knowledge of English. Knowledge of German, French, and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Distinct organizational talent and structured, self-reliant and goal-oriented working style
- Ability to work with remote, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Team player, flexible, independent, and solution-oriented.
- Willingness to travel to Plan International’s country offices to provide technical support to Plan International Germany-supported programmes or to respond to specific humanitarian crises.
What we offer
- An ergonomic and fully equipped, modern workplace
- Flexible working hours and 10 days of mobile work per month
- A committed working environment
- Subsidy for the HVV-ProfiTicket, the in-house canteen/cafeteria and the company pension scheme
- A good working atmosphere
How to apply
The actions of Plan International Deutschland e.V. are shaped by our values of solidarity, tolerance, freedom, equality and justice. We live diversity and therefore expressly welcome applications from all members of society.
If you are interested in this challenging role, please apply online, stating your salary expectations and earliest possible start date.