APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation (M & E)
Job ID: api-28662
Employment Type: Full time
Department: Strategic Information
- The job holder will be a member of the State Team and will support program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and quality assurance (QA) systems.
- As State Strategic Information (SI) Lead, ensure planning and implementation of all M&E activities, identify and resolve all potential implementation problems and bottlenecks.
- Provide leadership to the state SI team towards enhancing data quality through internal consistency and validity of program activity.
- S/He will share program output data with the state team and the State Government through the state team Lead and monitor the progress of the program towards achieving targets in the State.
- Manage the state donor and organizational reporting obligations by ensuring timely reporting and completion of weekly, monthly and quarterly program reports.
- Work with State Health Team (SASCP & SACA) to ensure follow-up plans are implemented following DQA activities, while ensuring systems are built to close gaps.
- Plan and participate in training programs to improve the M&E skills of health and HIV/staff at the and facilities.
- Facilitate the interpretation and use of M&E data capture tools, KPIs during State SI Meetings.
- Provide technical support to State Team & Facility Staff to strengthen monitoring and evaluation systems for HIV & AIDS programs, including surveillance activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must possess a Medical or Pharmacy Degree (MBBS or B.Pharm) or a Health-related Degree and a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience supporting the implementation of M&E systems, and planning and executing program evaluation. An MPH Degree will be an advantage.
- Must possess the ability to analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative data to inform programming.
- Must have knowledge of SPSS or STATA or knowledge of DHIS, MS-Access or other compatible database software will be of added advantage.
- Must have experience conducting monitoring visits, utilizing checklists and other tools, including the ability to develop M&E tools as needed.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: