The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC)
- S/he will provide technical and programmatic support primarily in the areas of HIV prevention, Community based HIV Care & Support for Vulnerable households affected by AIDS.
- S/he will be responsible for implementing strategies designed to strengthen the linkages between the community-based care activities and health facilities providing HIV care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
- S/he will also support the strengthening of the capacity of implementing CBOs in the area of HIV prevention awareness creation, community mobilization for HIV counselling and testing, PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID), improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and facilities.
- In addition, s/he will support the implementation of evidence-based interventions aimed at addressing HIV risk behaviours, HIV transmission.
- Ensure 100% of HIV infected children in all the project supported Service Delivery Facilities are enrolled into the project OVC program.
- Provide technical input for the development of strategies, design, and implementation of HIV Prevention/ Care & Support activities by the OVC Program; ensure activities improve access to HIV prevention and care services amongst project beneficiaries and their caregivers.
- Direct CBOs towards overall technical quality — including adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines for all HIV Prevention care & support activities of the project.
- Implement evidence-based health and nutrition interventions to indigent households by responding to identified prioritized health, nutrition, and PSS needs.
- Work with CBOs and volunteers in using national guidelines to provide vulnerable households with access to quality healthcare.
- Provide health, nutrition and PSS training and supervision to all relevant staff.
- Contribute to the development of training modules and tools, and conduct relevant training and workshops for CBO staff such as IYCF training and activities.
- and GON in line with identified capacity strengthening needs.
- Promote excellent knowledge management and collaborative learning process at the project, program, and institutional levels, generating robust evidence for a project and programmatic learning that leads to action, decision making and influence.
- Contribute to the documentation and dissemination of project efforts, achievements, lessons learned and innovations within the projects OVC Program and to the larger Nigerian and global technical community, as appropriate.
- Ensure timely preparation of high-quality training and meeting reports.
- Contribute to the development of monthly, quarterly and annual work-plans
- Ensure relevant GON entities have the knowledge, skills, and tools to provide technical oversight to CBOs engaged in HIV Prevention Care & Support interventions.
- Support CBOs and related GON entities to use quality improvement science and methodology to enhance the quality of HIV Prevention Care & Support interventions.
- Support the GON planning processes, particularly at the state and local levels, for HIV Prevention Care & Support as it relates to vulnerable households
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- MSc / MA in Social Works or a relevant Health Degree plus 3-5 years technical experience with community-level HIV Prevention, Care & Support programs.
- Experience and knowledge of ART Surge Response is a major requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and Community Based organizations and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training, and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units and community outreaches
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion. Committing to a course of action without undue delay or prevarication
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise, and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to: [email protected] using the Job Titles as the subject of the email.