The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Clinical & HSS/CQI
- The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating and managing the technical services essential to the functioning and effective implementation of all Clinical services sub-thematic units including Adult, Pediatrics and TB/HIV Treatment program, PMTCT, Program integration etc
- The job holder will provide technical support to facilities in establishing protocols for HIV/AIDS treatment, Community TB & linkages, TB in special cases, Case management, TPT and TB Quality improvement-cascade management that are consistent with national guidelines.
- Provide leadership in technical support to the State agencies towards achieving sustainability.
- Coordinate the State Clinical team in achieving targets of key program indicators through effective management of the weekly technical review meetings and other routine feedback platforms
- Oversee the design and deployment of context-specific treatment support for special populations-KPs, Standalone DOTS sites and community drug pick-ups in the state.
- Provide technical support in developing, planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating activities, strategies, and policies around HIV prevention, focusing on integrating PMTCT into maternal and child health
- Provide medical and technical expertise and training for HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment efforts, including antiretroviral prophylaxis implementation in the area of Pediatrics regimen optimization.
- Serve as a resource for evaluating ongoing pediatric care and treatment programs and the subsequent development of new and expanded programs for the care and treatment of HIV/AIDS in infants, children, and teenagers.
- Contribute to the strengthening of the reporting system on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to continuous engagement with key stakeholders such as SMOH, NEPWHAN, Civil Society organizations, MDs of private facilities, AGPMPN, GMD, PSN, PCN, to improve buy-in and ownership into Sustainable HIV programming
- The successful person will provide support in the implementation and monitoring of health systems strengthening activities.
- S/He will support the State Technical Lead in site coordination, supervision, mentorship, and institutional capacity building.
- S/He will provide support in preparations for meetings, writing reports and concept notes; will liaise with clients and relevant stakeholders at the State and facility levels on health systems strengthening related activities.
- Translating the project-supported package of service delivery interventions into service-level standards or operating procedures consistent with national guidelines and policies
- Review, analysis and assessment of service delivery data and reports for compliance with set quality standards
- Provision of direct technical assistance and mentoring to quality teams and service delivery providers offering service interventions using evidence from analyzed service delivery data
- Identification of quality areas in need of performance improvement and supporting the implementation of the models for change
- On-site visits to support data abstraction and analysis to selected supported facilities to provide on-going technical assistance.
- Review of monthly/quarterly reports from supported health facilities and sites and providing immediate technical guidance and recommendations related to tracked indicators and outcomes.
- Mentoring facility CQI teams to build local capacity for CQI implementation and analysis and interpretation of results of implemented actions.
- Assisting the facility CQI teams to abstract data after every improvement cycle to analyze the findings and recommend subsequent measures necessary to achieve set objectives.
- Participating in the dissemination of results to the facility management and quality teams and facilitating the facility-wide adoption of CQI practices across key service delivery interventions.
- Recommend and support the skills and knowledge update training to service providers in conjunction with the outreach mentorship and supervision teams.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- Degree in Medicine is compulsory. Masters in Public Health, Medicine, or related discipline is an added advantage.
- At least 6 years experience of implementing public health programs with special emphasis on HIV/AIDS surge context. Implementing program support function for at least 3 years of mid to senior management level (supervisory position) within an international or indigenous NGO.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years’ post-qualification experience in health systems strengthening, health financing, or human resource for health management.
- At least 6 years of clinical current hands-on experience of providing integrated HIV/AIDS services to diverse patients in a large program-linked facility or very busy clinical practice.
- Completed training in Quality Improvement models and participated in quality improvement projects for clinical interventions.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using MS office packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook among others.
- High level of integrity and inter personal skills
- Must possess high-level relationship management/ advocacy skills
- Must possess good report writing, presentation, data analytics and interpretation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, be self-motivated and function optimally with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovativeness in adapting to challenging work environments.
- Possess high-level systems and process improvement skills, strategic thinker with the ability to apply root cause analysis in problem solving.
- Constructive and productive team player with good communication skills.
- Ready to travel frequently to undertake field visits, accompany field teams and possess the ability to communicate well in diverse cultural settings.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to: [email protected] using the Job Titles as the subject of the email.