Credence Management Solutions employs hard-working, passionate individuals who bring innovation, accountability, and a growth mindset to the many missions we support across the US Federal Government. Employee empowerment is part of the fabric of our corporate culture through which we emphasize opportunity, recognition, reward, and retention. At Credence, we follow the principles of servant leadership and believe that serving and supporting others is critical to both our individual and collective achievements. We have only one measure of success. Yours.
We are hiring for positions under the Global Health Training, Advisory, Support Contract (GHTASC) in support of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Global Health (GH). These roles deliver institutional support services in a wide range of technical areas at the junior, mid-, senior, and expert levels.
We are a diverse, enthusiastic family of subject matter experts, business professionals, and practitioners who all share a common goal of providing excellent services to our government customers. If you want to work in a dynamic and fast-growing environment with highly motivated colleagues, then Credence is the right place for you!
Credence Management Solutions is seeking a Biodefense Advisor. See below for more information on this exciting opportunity and apply to join Credence today!
The Biodefense Advisor will primarily support the USAID Global Health, Office of Infectious Disease, in the Emerging Threats Division (ETD), and is a member of the Multilateral Affairs and Policy Team as a Credence Institutional Support Contractor (ISC). The Biodefense Advisor will provide strategic, operational, and senior technical expertise on biodefense to USAID’s Global Health Bureau and GHS program.
For over 50 years, USAID’s global health programs have saved lives, protected people most vulnerable to disease, and promoted the stability of communities and nations, while advancing American security and prosperity. USAID’s global health efforts are grounded in investments in health systems strengthening and breakthrough innovation. USAID collaborates closely with governments, other donors, civil society, faith-based organizations, and the private sector in order to achieve sustainable solutions to global challenges. Together with our international and country partners, USAID support in global health continues to positively impact people and nations around the world, save millions of lives, and improve access to basic health services, all while advancing the interests of the American people.
This position is located within USAID’s Bureau for Global Health, Office of Infectious Disease, Emerging Threats Division (ETD). ETD implements the Agency’s Global Health Security (GHS) program which works to reduce the occurrence and severity of epidemics, pandemics and other emerging infectious disease threats by working with partner countries and the global community to strengthen and sustainably implement capacity to prevent, detect rapidly, respond effectively and recover from infectious disease threats, whether natural, accidental, or deliberate in origin.
In October 2022, the Biden-Harris Administration released the U.S. National Biodefense Strategy and Implementation Plan for Countering Biological Threats, Enhancing Pandemic Preparedness, and Achieving Global Health Security (Strategy). The Strategy outlines the Administration’s bold vision and actions towards a world free from catastrophic biological threats, building on lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic and other recent biological incidents and health emergencies. The Strategy is intended to chart a new course for sustainable political will, investments, innovation, and capacity to assess, prevent, detect, prepare for, respond to, and recover from biological threats, whether naturally occurring, accidental, or deliberate more effectively. USAID’s biodefense efforts contribute to each of the five goals of the Strategy with a focus on four critical areas: (1) strengthen global health security and biodefense capacities in partner countries; (2) increase international support for global health security and biodefense; (3) catalyze international, vaccine development and deployment; and (4) support response to and recovery from international outbreaks.
Policy Analysis, Development, and Implementation:
- Advise on effective representation of USAID equities in U.S. and international policy development and implementation processes related to health security, biodefense, biosafety, and biosecurity.
- Participate in an advisory capacity in U.S. Government working groups and meetings and make recommendations to these bodies and to bureau leadership on new policies or approaches that will assist in achieving policy objectives.
- Evaluate policy effectiveness as evidenced by the extent of progress in addressing specific policy aims and advocate adjustments in policy as appropriate.
Technical Expertise, Representation, and Advisory services:
- Serve as action officer and point of contact for incoming actions within the assigned Biodefense portfolio, such actions may arise from interagency policy processes or working groups, other Departmental offices, U.S. embassies/posts, other U.S. government agencies, international organizations, foreign governments, non-governmental organizations, or other sources – addressing and/or directing inquiries to appropriate parties and facilitating their requests as appropriate.
- Serve as a recognized expert within the agency on biodefense providing technical, policy, and strategic advice on Biodefense.
- Participate in meetings with agencies of foreign governments, multilateral organizations, and external stakeholders to contribute detailed technical analyses and assessments of complex issues and alternatives to decision makers.
- Participate in an advisory capacity as required to inform multilateral and bilateral meetings and negotiations.
Enhance USAID’s contribution to implementation of the 2022 U.S. National Biodefense Strategy (NBS)
- Participate in NBS briefings, high-level interagency meetings, and other conferences. With interagency colleagues, help define and later coordinate required Agency follow-up actions.
- Manage the annual NBS data call, interacting with other GH and Department/Agency operating units, as required.
- Ensure USAID’s international equities are included within the global NBS initiative through high-level strategic engagement with interagency NBS partners.
- Master’s degree and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience, or bachelor’s degree with 8 years, Associate’s degree and 10 years relevant experience OR High School graduate and 12 years work experience.
- Mastery of specialized knowledge required to provide expert technical and strategic advice and guidance for policy and programmatic efforts on the implications of issues and developments related to biodefense, biosafety, and biosecurity.
- Knowledge of U.S. foreign and security affairs information sources, processes, and organizations to bring the full range of available information resources and capabilities to bear in fulfilling duties of the position preferred.
- Ability to provide advice, guidance, and consultation to officials with regard to the interpretation and application of analyses and recommendations preferred.
- Knowledge of interagency relationships and the foreign and security policy formulation process preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with other USAID offices/divisions and other U.S. government agencies to complete tasks, collect and analyze data, develop positions and messaging, and execute other activities preferred.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels throughout the foreign and security policy, health, and intelligence communities – including working relationships with international organizations, foreign governments, non-governmental organizations
- Skill in oral and written communication to prepare and present analyses to senior officials, to provide guidance to U.S. representatives, to solicit information, and to defend proposals preferred.
- Experienced with drafting and editing a wide variety of written products, including briefing memos, strategy papers, discussion notes, etc. preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic thinking and qualitative analysis preferred.
- Highly motivated with an acute attention to detail and the ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands preferred.
- Ability to work independently to deliver high-quality work products preferred.
- Experience with multilateral and/or global health organizations preferred.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret Clearance.
- Innovation: Employee takes initiative to propose new ideas/approaches and demonstrates ability to find new and better ways to accomplish work.
- Customer Service: Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, always available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of work responsibilities and holds high standards. Keeps commitments and takes appropriate actions to ensure obligations are met. Pursues efficiency and effectiveness and adheres to Organization policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal Skills: Employee demonstrates ability to work in cooperation with others and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, clients and other outside contacts.
- Continual Learning: Assesses and recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues professional development that is aligned with organizational role, contribution, and goals. Proactively shares knowledge with others to foster learning across the Organization.
Full salary range for this position is: $92,300 – $145,617 per year with the starting salary determined based on candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, and education, in addition to budget availability.
How to apply
Prior to submitting your application your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid experience showing dates held with month, year and hours worked per week for each position. Please ensure that all relevant experience and education is documented on your resume. There is no limitation to resume length; updates to resumes will not be accepted during the interview and selection process.
Credence Management Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and employment decisions are based only on job requirements, candidate qualifications, and our needs as a business.—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. Credence also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment.
This position described in this announcement falls under a contract with the Federal Government, and therefore is subject to the provisions put forward in OMB Circular A-76 which prohibit contractors from performing inherently governmental functions. Specifically, employees placed in agency positions will not perform inherently governmental functions, nor supervise any personnel other than the contractor’s own staff, nor make final decisions or sign documents that commit the U.S. Government