ALIMA’s raison d’être is to save lives and care for the most vulnerable populations, without any identity, religious or political discrimination, through actions based on proximity, innovation and the alliance of organizations. and individuals.
As part of our activities in the Central African Republic, we are looking for the profile below:
REASON FOR POSITION
Nassamba is a maternal health pilot project that aims to increase the proportion of pregnant women at risk of obstetric complications who give birth in a health facility. To do so, the midwives present in the community will be involved in the screening of complicated pregnancies and the monitoring of these pregnancies in the community in collaboration with the agents of the health center. The project includes the training of community midwives, the use of a digital decision support application that will allow them to carry out follow-up using a smartphone and the establishment of collaboration with health workers in the health structures concerned by the project.
The Clinical Study Monitor (MEC) participates in monitoring the implementation of the study in accordance with the Protocol, procedures, Good Clinical Practices and monitors the study in collaboration with PACCI.
Position: Clinical Study Monitor (MEC)
Number of positions: 01 Status: Not relocated
Place of work: Bangui, Bimbo,
Start of contract: immediate Duration: CDD
trainings and diplomas
- State nurse or midwifery diploma
- At least one year of nursing experience.
- Experience in conducting surveys and collecting data.
- Computer skills (data collection software such as Kobo, RedCap, Commcare, at least good knowledge of Excel)
- Knowledge and experiences on reproductive health
Experiences and skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Patience, flexibility and diplomacy
- Excellent knowledge of nursing
- Rigor and sense of organization
- Minimum two years professional experience in an international NGO
- Experience in the same position in a humanitarian organization is a plus.
- Language: Good level in French and good communication in Sango.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINKS
She/He reports to the Head of Research Activities.
She/He collaborates with the project and mission teams.
MISSION AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
The Clinical Study Monitor is responsible for:
Contribute to the implementation and smooth running of the study:
- Train, with the Head of Research Activities, clinical trial technicians on the study protocol and procedures (participation in site opening visits, site monitoring, etc.)
- Contribute to the preparation of specific study procedures
- Monitor adherence to study protocol and procedures
- Ensure compliance with the follow-up schedule for the study of matrons and health centers
- Participate in the development of data collection tools
- Train and monitor the users of these tools
- Carry out set-up and monitoring visits to centers
- Ensure the implementation and follow-up of essential study documents at clinical sites
- Ensure compliance with study procedures and protocol
- Ensure that the protocol calendar is respected for each patient
- Respect confidentiality and good clinical practices
- Participate in the management of project inputs (delivery kits, etc.)
- Communicate with the PACCI IT team regarding the operation of the application
Monitor the study:
- Check compliance with the inclusion and non-inclusion criteria of pregnant women in the study
- Check compliance with the monitoring plan
- Participate in monitoring reports
- Ensure data completeness and quality
- Participate in the resolution of queries
- Track and update investigator workbook
Participate in teamwork:
- Share with the Head of Research Activities information relating to the follow-up of the study
- Actively participate in coordination meetings of research activities and the project team
- Participate in training offered by the study.
How to apply
Applications must imperatively be sent by email to the address below. ( Any other means of file submission will not be considered )
Email address: [email protected]
(With the subject of the email: Clinical Study Monitor )**
NB: ALIMA has a protection policy against abuse of power, gender-based and sexual violence and a code of conduct which are an integral part of its recruitment process.
The feminine candidacies are deeply encouraged.
Closing deadline is scheduled for April 21, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Given the urgency, ALIMA reserves the right to close recruitment before the deadline for submitting applications.