The role holder is responsible for assisting Nurses/Midwives and Doctors in the management of patients, according to Nurse/Midwives and Doctors’ directives, universal hygiene standards and INTEROS protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients.
- Promotes, implements and adheres to the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensures high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality always.
- Organises and carries out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Support nutrition services such as OTP activities, IYCF counselling, MUAC screening.
- Ensures patients are properly received and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
- Ensures reception and triage of patients in waiting areas, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor where necessary
- Sends material to be sterilized and carefully store them after sterilization
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e., assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency or deterioration)
- Carries administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.).
- Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/nurses/supervisors informed.
- Participates in the department-related activities such as pharmacy management, IYCF activities
- Performs cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervises and supports training of volunteers, cleaners and other related staff, while ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned
- Candidate most obtain Minimum of a Diploma of CHEW, Applicants should have at least 2 years post qualifying experience and in possession of a valid practicing certificate.
- Possess at least 2 years of relevant professional work experience, including in a developing area, in public health or nutrition.
- Essential computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, internet, etc…).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
- Capacity to work under pressure and willingness to work and live in a complex context.
- Fluency in English, Kanuri, and Hausa.
- Work within the framework of INTERSOS Nigeria’s core values.
- Act as an ambassador for INTERSOS Nigeria, through professionalism and conduct.
- Adhere to all INTERSOS policies and procedures both technical and administrational.
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes.
- Maintain and care for all equipment issued by INTERSOS Nigeria and for any losses or damages due to negligence you will be liable for repair or replacement.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete the form and attach their CV with Cover Letter following this format “Surname_ Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Application Deadline: apply no later than 11th June 2023 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply”.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert if an applicant is accepted.
For more information about INTERSOS, go to https://www.intersos.org/en/what-we-do/nigeria/