The local Health System Strengthening Coordinator (HSS) is responsible for supervising MTI contracts and referrals with health service providers in the local response to the Venezuelan migration crisis in Colombia. In this capacity, he guarantees the adequate provision of health services, ensures compliance with technical and quality standards, coordinates the activities of HSS supervisors, leads the strengthening of capacities of local providers, and supervises the management of cases with special needs, including Referencing local partners. Additionally, the local HSS Coordinator has an important role in operational monitoring and expenses for services, as well as in documentation,
Contract Supervision and Quality Management of Health Services
- Identify and evaluate health providers for contracting services, verifying compliance with quality and legal standards
- With technical support from the National HSS Coordinator, support the Program Manager and the HPC Health Program Coordinator in the development of new contracts
- Supervise compliance with contracts by providers, including service packages established by MTI, national, international and MTI technical and quality standards in the provision of services, and requirements for administrative processes (eg scheduling and billing )
- Design processes and monitoring mechanisms for the provision, billing and payment of the different services with Health providers, facilitating the follow-up and verification of care for individual beneficiaries and groups
- Day-to-day coordination with contracted health providers to ensure that the provision of services meets the needs of the program and the beneficiaries
- Ensure the implementation of the Red Rose transaction platform with suppliers, including the organization of training and management of technical support and teams
- In collaboration with the financial manager, review and verify at least monthly the billing for the services provided, based on MTI’s operational documentation (service records, Red Rose transaction records, etc.) and the supports provided by the provider
- Coordinate and supervise the monitoring of the provision of services by HSS supervisors
- Organize regular financial and quality audits
- With the support of the National HSS Coordinator, carry out evaluations of processes, capacities, and strengthening needs with Health providers, report the findings, and develop quality improvement plans
- In coordination with the National HSS Coordinator, implement technical (eg infection prevention and control, care protocols), administrative, and quality training (eg comprehensive and user-centered care, discrimination prevention, etc.)
- Support and strengthen mechanisms of responsibility and accountability of health institutions before users and the community in general
- Ensure the implementation of mechanisms for the prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation in health institutions
- With the support of the National HSS Coordinator, identify training needs for HSS program personnel, and design and implement training processes
Routes, Referencing and Management of Special Cases
- Participate in the mapping of the offer of local actors, and continuously update the referral routes available
- Design and implement routes for beneficiaries from the identification of people with health needs in the community, to care in contracted clinics, obtaining medicines, and follow-up
- In continuous coordination with the community program, ensure timely and efficient flows of patients and related information between the different establishments, care steps, appointments (including scheduling supervision), and follow-up
- Ensure that HSS supervisors identify and record cases with needs exceeding the established service packages
- Manage the resolution of special cases through referral to local partners, or supporting the making of exceptional decisions by the Health Program Coordinator
- Carry out day-to-day coordination with local partners and public health entities regarding the referencing of cases
- Ensure proper follow-up and documentation of cases
Management, Reports and Other Responsibilities
- Participate in the planning, resource projection, implementation and supervision of the local HSS program
- Monitor expenses in services and discuss adjustments with the Health Program Coordinator and Program Manager
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of HSS supervisors, lead the corresponding coordination processes, and support supervisors in compliance with MTI procedures and regulations
- Ensure continuous articulation with MTI’s local Community Health (CHW) program in search of synergies
- Ensure the correct management of data from the HSS program, and report monthly (or as required by the project) the Health care to the Health Program Coordinator
- Ensure the collection of data on quality of care, experience and user satisfaction
- In conjunction with the National HSS Coordinator, support the systematization of data on service packages, quality, and special cases, and ensure its use in decisions about the program
- Participate in high-quality reporting
- Promote an environment where the code of conduct and the policy on Protection against sexual abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults are complied with, as well as a work environment free of harassment
- Participate in local committees and represent MTI in partner meetings as needed
- Support the local Health Program Coordinator (HPC) in joint planning and execution of health days in Bogotá and Tunja.
- Additional tasks as required
Education and Certifications
- Nursing Professional, certified by Locally Accredited Educational Entities
- Education or certification in health service management or quality management would be an advantage
- Colombian citizen or resident with valid work visa
- Minimum of 3 years working in the provision and/or management of health services, with experience in maternal and child health services, sexual and reproductive health, and infectious diseases including COVID-19
- Minimum of 3 years working in the Colombian Health system, either in the public or private sector
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar positions in international non-governmental organizations
Knowledge, Skills and Competences
- Excellent knowledge of the health sector in humanitarian contexts, particularly in issues related to maternal and child health, sexual and reproductive health, and infectious diseases including COVID-19
- Significant knowledge in the management of health service delivery programs
- Excellent understanding of the laws, policies, regulations and protocols of the national health system
- Excellent command of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, others)
- Fluent in written and spoken Spanish
- Develop high-quality technical reports
- Compile information for proposals to donors
- Build and motivate the team, promoting participatory work approaches
- Carry out data analysis with an epidemiological approach.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills that influence negotiations
- Conflict resolution and management
- Work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Task prioritization
- Adaptation and promotion of the MTI call
- Demonstrate MTI values
- Represent MTI in a professional manner before donors, volunteers and the general public
- Adapt to different cultures.
- Provide advice to staff under their supervision and partners
- Work in an international environment, under pressure and in sensitive environments of insecurity with people from different cultures.
- Work after hours when required.
- Travel in the country and abroad if necessary.
How to apply
Procedure to Apply
Those interested who meet the requirements described in this job description, can make their application (CV AND Cover letter essential) via email using the following address, [email protected] before June 12, 2023 , it is It is essential to indicate in the subject the position to which you are applying and the source where you learned of the call.
Medical Teams does not discriminate in its selection processes, however, it is recommended that people with experience in the immigration process, as well as from different origins, apply for this position, if they have the corresponding legal documentation to work in our country, as well It is an essential added value that at least the candidate masters the Spanish language and an added value the English language.