JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
Position Title: Integrated Supply Chain Planning Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Integrated Supply Planning Manager to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s maternal and child health, and population and reproductive health programs. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
The Integrated Supply Planning Manager will provide technical oversight to the National and State Governments, PEPFAR implementing partners, The Global Fund partners and other relevant stakeholders in developing health product inventory management and positioning across the aforementioned task orders to ensure access to health commodities and uninterrupted supply to health facilities. S/he in collaboration with other managers and advisors will inform health product planning, distribution and inventory management to promote uninterrupted access to health service delivery under the direction of the Director of Plan and Source or his/her designee.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide technical leadership to the National and State Governments and partners in the development of health products inventory management strategy to guide efficient health product positioning for an optimized warehousing and distribution services.
- Lead national long-term inventory planning and warehouse network optimization to facilitate timely and efficient distribution of required health products to the clinics.
- Lead integrated business planning processes on health commodity management, in-flow and outflow of the products from national and international sources to the clinics.
- Lead the collaboration with Deliver and Return Team in development of efficient long haul distribution plan to maximally utilize warehouse and distribution infrastructures, manage product shelf life and minimize expiry of health products.
- Lead the management of aggregated end-to-end commodity demand planning and inventory positioning to ensure uninterrupted access to essential health commodities at the clinics.
- Lead the development of long-term forecast of clinic requirements to guide efficient and effective deployment of third-party logistics providers’ assets to support service delivery.
- Provide national leadership in supply chain system design, implementation, and reviews in line with program changes that will improve access to health commodity needs to patients.
- Lead the development of synchronized inventory management activities in collaboration with the Forecasting and Supply Planning Team, Deliver and Return Team and State-based field program teams to increase visibility and prompt decision making based on available data.
- Lead the development and sharing of months of stock information as required by GHSC-PSM Home Office to monitor national and facility level stock availability data for global decision making.
- Lead capacity development in establishment of systems for periodic stock status review, presentation and dissemination for decision making for Government at the National and State levels.
- In collaboration with the Management Information System team review available logistics data and develop national stock status report to inform forecasting, supply planning and procurement decisions.
- Provide technical support to health program procurement and supply management technical working group (PSM-TWG) meetings on national inventory management.
- Collaborate with M&E team to develop and update necessary tools needed for logistics data management and use on health commodities supply chain.
- Develop and deliver appropriate supply chain presentations and reports on current situations, innovations and supply chain solutions that will promote sustainable systems.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Director Plan and Source.
- Master’s Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Science, Supply chain operations and equivalent is required.
- Seven to ten years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in an international healthcare supply chain management environment
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP & MNCH programs desired
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and train in health supply chain programs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- The ability to use Microsoft tools projections and planning in is highly desired.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred.
- Fluency in English is required.
The Integrated Supply Planning Manager will report directly to the Senior Integrated Supply Chain Planning Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.