The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the world’s largest humanitarian network and is guided by seven Fundamental Principles: Humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, universality and unity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern, CSP Program Support
Job Number: S03542
Location: West Africa Country Cluster, Abuja
Duration: 6 Months
Contract Type: National
Grade: To be determined
- The CSP provides in-country support for the establishment of the multisectoral coordination mechanism and developing country specific multi-year, multisectoral National Cholera Elimination or Control Plan (NCP).
- NCPs aim to align government, other national actors, GTFCC partners and key stakeholders including the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies towards a shared strategy, including an operational component for the implementation of the plan.
- The establishment of CSP has a global technical unit in IFRC Head quarter in Geneva, a technical support hub based in Congo Brazzaville and country offices located in IFRC cluster offices in DRC, Bangladesh, Mozambique, Nigeria, and Zambia.
- The counter part of CSP Nigeria Country office is the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) a government agency, tasked with the coordination of cholera control and elimination agenda together with other government and non-government stakeholders.
The key specific outcomes of CSP are:
- Each cholera-affected countries have NCP and a multisectoral coordination mechanism aligned to government, GTFCC policy and strategic focus.
- Support with the national and international resources mobilisation aimed towards the investing in cholera control and elimination agenda.
- Provide technical and capacity support to targeted countries with implementation of their NCPs.
- The CSP Program Intern, under the direction of the Health Coordinator and technically under the CSP Technical Support Coordinator, will support the Abuja Cluster to coordinate all CSP activities working closely with National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and other stakeholders in Nigeria.
- Specifically, S/he will provide comprehensive administrative and technical support to the NCDC and its stakeholders to ensure effective linkages, communication, and collaboration with the relevant colleagues in NCDC and IFRC Cluster office.
- The incumbent shall be seconded to NCDC with a time allocation of 80% in NCDC under the Director of Incident Manager/ National Cholera focal person and 20% to IFRC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The CSP Programme Intern is responsible for:
- Provided targeted support to NCDC on CSP program activities across the project cycle.
- Assist in developing and reviewing existing materials for the development and operationalisation of the NCP.
- Support the development of tools, templates, standard operating procedures, and training materials – drafting and reviewing exist technical documents.
- Assist in the follow up of the management of CSP programme implementation tailored to operational plans.
- Assist with the management and monitoring of CSP programming in Nigeria and arrange for technical support /quality assurance /monitoring field visit.
- Contribute to identifying gaps in NCP implementation and OCV campaigns in collaboration with the technical manager.
- Attend regular cholera working group (WG) and pillar meetings as required.
- Provide support with monitoring national cholera epidemiological data and indicators for analysis and early detection disease outbreaks and/or epidemics.
- Represent CSP at relevant meetings, events and forums when required to do so.
- Support other CSP activities, as required.
- Accountable for providing professional administrative expertise and support.
- Support the CSP, Nigeria in the organization of meetings internally or externally: Planning and events, issuing and preparing invitations and requests for meetings.
- Collect, compiles, tracks, and anticipates the necessary documentation and files containing briefings and information for meetings, events and mission travel and ensures the required clearances.
- Attend meetings and prepares meeting notes, meeting reports (syntheses, summaries, agreements, and action points for follow-up), upon request identify meeting content.
- Keep the various operational file holders informed of requests and upcoming commitments and deadlines.
- Perform other administration duties as assigned by the Senior health Officer or technical line manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued):
- Provide support in drafting, editing, and preparing presentations, correspondence and other communications when required.
- Support knowledge management systems and file.
- Maintain a central filing system for the operational team coordinate with archives and records ensuring all key documents are accessible and appropriately archived for all CSP-related activities.
- Manage the CSP office inventory stocks and archives in collaboration with IFRC cluster administration department.
- Lists for internal and external stakeholders for health-related matters.
- Be accountable to line manager by providing progress report on results against objectives.
- Foster a co-creative environment with colleagues at NCDC, IFRC and the National Societies with open and cooperative view to the actors in the relevant external environment.
- Candidates should possess a relevant University Degree in Medicine, Health Management, Public Health, or other related fields.
- Postgraduate degree related to health or communicable disease prevention and control.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in health projects
- Experience working in communicable disease prevention and control
- Experience in writing reports, case studies and M&E
- Experience working with international non-governmental organization
- Experience facilitating and running workshops/training
- Experience of working with National Societies
Knowledge, Skills and Languages:
- Self-supporting in computers
- Very good interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Motivated, self-starter personality, sense of responsibility, and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify and handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Good negotiation skills, good judgment, and maturity
- Good knowledge of the operational context and area
- Flexibility and ability to travel in the operation’s areas
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel and PPT
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Fluent in written and spoken French.
Competencies, Values and Comments:
- National Society relations
- Communication – Teamwork
- Professionalism – Integrity – Diversity
- Results focus and accountability.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online