- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness.
- Full time, Fixed Term Role based in Nairobi, Kenya
- Closing Date: 12th June 2023
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation is known around the world as an organisation that works with purpose and determination. With a reputation for excellence, we are well known for making change happen.
The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25+ countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind, or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
We are also proud to announce we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards. The Foundation is also endorsed and in partnership with The Life You Can Save.
To find out more about our work, please visit our website https://www.hollows.org
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess strong project management skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while ensuring deadlines are met. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential. Additionally, you should have strong report writing and documentation skills to ensure that all project deliverables are documented and presented effectively.
Finally, the ideal candidate should have a proven ability to influence and work collaboratively with partners and stakeholders to achieve project goals. You will also be self-driven and able to work independently.
The Project Officer will be accountable for the coordination and implementation of various approved Project activities, working with partners in Kenya to ensure timely and efficient high-quality deliverables in line with agreed project guidelines and objectives.
- Support the implementation of approved Projects in accordance with agreed Project Implementation Plans, work plans and annual budgets.
- Support the Health Systems Strengthening Manager in ensuring that program activities are timely planned, implemented, monitored, and reported through submission of timely quality quarterly reports. Advise on any developments that might necessitate deviation from planned activities and ensure that the Program Manager and relevant team members are made aware of relevant meetings, forums etc. taking place in the counties.
- Identify and build partners’ capacity and support partners with timely mobilization of goods and services to initiate and complete activities.
- Work with the Health Systems Strengthening(HSS) Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, and Policy and Advocacy advisor to strengthen the quality and health systems initiatives at the national level and in the Counties.
- Support Partners prepare annual financial budgets, plan and monitor monthly/quarterly expenditure against budgets and ensure submission of timely accurate monthly and quarterly financial returns, and utilization of project assets and resources as per The Fred Hollows Foundation’s policy.
- Support the HSS Manager in organizing and monitoring The Fred Hollows Foundation Kenya (FHFK) and other joint engagements with the County health teams, relevant County departments and other partners.
- Support FHFK communication and fundraising initiatives through identification and sharing of compelling beneficiary stories and case studies. Ensure branding per FHF guidelines.
- Other tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum of 3 years working experience with reputable NGO’s
- Knowledge of project design, project management, budget development and monitoring
- Experience in community-based health programming.
- Experience in working in the space of Health Systems Strengthening.
- Previous hands-on experience in project implementation and working through partners.
- Application of project design, project management, budget development and monitoring.
- Support and coordination of successful health projects and development of effective & efficient implementation systems.
- Proven ability to influence and work with government partners/stakeholders.
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you.
How to apply
Applications should be made via our Website, and should include your resume and cover letter. Please address your cover letter to the Talent Acquisition Team and include a response to the “About You”, “Key Responsibilities” and “What You’ll Need to Succeed” sections of the advert.
Applications Close: 12th June 2023
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to ensuring our projects and activities are implemented in a safe and productive environment that prevents harm and avoids impacting the health and safety of all people, particularly children, vulnerable people and disadvantaged groups. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please be advised:
- Fred Hollows Foundation will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active roles are advertised directly on our website here.
- Please note we will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.