Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Job Code: MD01501
Employment Type: 6 months contract (With possibility of extension)
Contract: 208 working hours per month
- Implement Gynaecological and Obstetrician procedures, performing any other prior treatment required, during or immediately after a woman has given birth in order to improve women’s reproductive health and to reduce pregnancy, delivery and neonatology risks.
- This will be done in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in multidisciplinary collaboration with other medical doctors and midwife services.
- Supervise the maintenance and running of the gynecological equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring its rational use as well as that pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and available.
- This will be done in cooperation with the pharmacist and logistic staff, the management.
- Provide on-job and class regular training for medical doctors and midwifes and the management on obsobstetric gynecological conditions.
- Perform obs. Gyne-related surgeries such C/S, hysterectomy and any other needed operation according to the indication and patients’ need.
- Actively participate in the estimation of medical supplies and materials needed for the SRH department in the project.
- MBBS, with specialization in O&G.
- Essential: Minimum of 2 years cognate experience in O&G
- Essential: Experience with MSF or other International NGOs in Developing countries, experience working in an international environment.
- Mission language essential.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet).
Gross Monthly Salary
According to MSF National Salary Scale.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: MSF encourages Women and People with Disability to apply.