- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness.
- Full time, Permanent Role based UK, Kenya, Philippines or Bangladesh. Other locations will be considered. (Flexible work arrangements available)
- Closing Date: Thursday the 1st of June 2023
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. We continue to carry on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation is known around the world as an organisation that works with purpose and determination. With a reputation for excellence, we are well known for making change happen.
The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 3 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind, or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
We are also proud to announce we were awarded the Employer of Choice Award (Public Sector and NFP) at the 2022 Australian HR Awards. The Foundation is also endorsed and in partnership with The Life You Can Save.
To find out more about our work, please visit our website https://www.hollows.org
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively influence and engage at the executive level, including exceptional people management skills. Persuasion and negotiation skills are crucial, as you will need to win concessions without damaging relationships, convince others of your point of view, and listen to and assimilate information from others to identify their needs. Interpersonal skills are also vital, with the ability to create and foster collaborative and productive relationships with internal stakeholders and external organizations. Change management expertise is essential to guide the transformation of program delivery and the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Foundation. Additionally, a strong political and social awareness, strategic thinking, and experience in public health and working with innovative funders and larger development programs are desirable.
The Portfolio & Scale Director is accountable for leadership, oversight, joint ownership and scaling up of The Foundation’s programmatic portfolio aligned to The Foundation’s strategy. They ensure the portfolio is balanced to: 1) optimise impact through strategic targeting of investments; 2) distribute and manage risk; 3) position The Foundation for future growth and increased impact; and 4) respond effectively to emerging sector, partner and donor priorities.
- Balancing and scaling the programmatic portfolio by designing a strategic portfolio that optimises impact through targeted investments.
- In collaboration with the Programs Technical Director, ensure alignment between the fundraising initiatives and Country Strategies to achieve a balanced program portfolio and growth in programs impact.
- Lead development of large-scale innovative program concepts, including helping to design and implement new ways of delivering impact outside of our current ways of working, and work with business development teams to develop funding bids and pitches to secure funding to deliver these initiatives. Oversee the early development of new projects in collaboration with the Programs Technical Director.
- Co-lead with Public Affairs, collaborations and coalitions with both partners and funders, including co-design strategies.
- Under the leadership of Public Affairs, develop high impact pitches and strategic communications for the portfolio for internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributing to Programs’ and organisational leadership, and other strategic funding and programming collaborative meetings as required to ensure appropriate programmatic decisions are made.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Significant experience leading and scaling global public health and/or development programs.
- Substantial experience managing and leading global teams.
- Substantial experience in leading the design and implementation of international development programs.
- Substantial experience with innovation and developing new approaches.
- Substantial program management experience in at least some of the countries and regions where the Foundation works (Asia/Pacific and Africa).
- Willingness to travel as required.
How to apply
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you.
Applications should be made via this link, and should include your resume and cover letter. Please address your cover letter to the Talent Acquisition Team and include a response to the “About You”, “Key Responsibilities” and “What You’ll Need to Succeed” sections of the advert.
Applications Close: Thursday the 1st of June 2023
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to ensuring our projects and activities are implemented in a safe and productive environment that prevents harm and avoids impacting the health and safety of all people, particularly children, vulnerable people and disadvantaged groups. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please be advised:
- Fred Hollows Foundation will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active roles are advertised directly on our website here.
- Please note we will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.