Location: Any MSF Office
Contract: Fixed term
Duration: 6 months, part time (30-40%) – either employee contract OR consultancy (50 days)
Starting date: ASAP
Deadline to apply: 04.06.2023
*By default, the successful candidate will be offered a contract in the MSF office of their country of residence at the time of application.
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 23 sections, 25 associations and other offices together. Based in Geneva, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF movement, and implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
Access to Products for Healthcare (APH) refers to theaccessibility, availability, affordability, appropriateness and quality of products for health care for the populations MSF assists and their communities.
Access to Products for Healthcare (APH) is critical to MSF’s Social Mission. MSF has been engaged in a wide variety of ways to improve APH in the past decades. In 2023, the MSF International Board approved the set-up of a new organisational model for APH work in MSF.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Project Manager – APH Geographic Landscaping reports to the Organisational Model Change Implementation Executive Committee (OMC) and administratively to the OMC Executive.
IV. PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To produce a high level geographical landscaping of foreseen mid to long term trends, opportunities and threats related to APH to
1. Be used as one of the references for supporting the development of MSF’s next Strategic Plan on Access to Products for Healthcare
2. Identify and propose future locations for MSF APH Regional Hubs.
V. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
In close collaboration with and with support from the OMC Executive and the Programme Officer and under the oversight of the OMC, the Project Manager will:
- Propose a detailed process, establish principles and refine scope for the work required, including:
- Defining parameters and a framework for the landscaping exercise in line with the new approved APH organisational model.
- Pulling together the perspectives and analysis on the APH landscape of key MSF experts groups including MSF’s Access Campaign, MSF internal think-tanks, and other stakeholder groups if relevant as per parameters established.
- Pulling together relevant analysis and findings gathered as part of the definition of the APH model.
- Proposing and consulting key external APH informers.
- Gathering perspectives from relevant entities in the movement in relation to foreseen long term, high volume MSF medical-humanitarian Operations.
- Gathering perspectives from relevant entities in the movement in relation to the ecosystem of access to products for healthcare such as, but not limited to: generic hubs, relevant environments for R&D, etc.
- Collating, synthetising and presenting the outcomes of the analysis of the landscaping exercise, including a proposal for a shortlist of Regional hubs on APH for MSF.
- Regularly inform OMC of process and updates for guidance.
- Keep all stakeholders informed as needed at OMC guidance.
Expected final Outcome
Key Deliverable 1 – final report (up to 15 pages), and presentations, on regional APH landscape mid to long-term trends identifying key opportunities and threats as per established principles
Key deliverable 2 – At least three and no more than five hub locations are identified with supporting analysis (10-15 pages)
VI. CANDIDATES REQUIREMENTS:
- PHD, MSC, MPH or MD holder
- Significant knowledge and understanding of APH topics, subject matter expert an advantage
- Significant understanding of and/or experience working for international humanitarian or development organisations
- An interest and genuine commitment to the successful set-up and implementation of the new APH Model guided by the interest of the MSF Movement as a whole
- Significant experience in gathering, collating and analysing qualitative and quantitative information.
- The ability to restitute objectively information of a political nature
- Excellent english written and strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to engage in an inclusive manner with diverse audiences.
- Awareness of cultural differences and local contexts with regards to drivers of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Knowledge of MSF operations and structure a strong advantage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We genuinely welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, caste, disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.