Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Mid Level
Proposed Start Date: June 2023
Reporting to: Supply Chain Senior Officer
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Pharmacist who will be responsible for working closely with the Supply Chain Senior Officer to ensure the effective management of the mission’s drugs in the warehouse.
- Maintain an organized and clean pharmacy in the warehouse: the drugs must be tidied, and organised in a hygienic and clear way according to Action Against Hunger’s rules of classification of drugs, allowing easy access to the information (type of drugs, expiry date).
- Organize weekly environmental cleaning in the pharmacy warehouse and environs.
- Monitor twice a day humidity of the warehouse and the temperature of all refrigerators containing medications or any cold chain products and record it on the follow-up sheet. And in all the rooms under controlled temperature;
- Report immediately any deviation from the expected temperature and humidity ranges to the Supply Chain Senior Officer, enquire about the reasons for the dysfunctions and propose possible solutions.
- Ensure that all medical supply is adequate.
- Ensure the reception of local/international orders:
- Check that the number of boxes and their content match with the packing list and waybill.
- Arrange and order the medical items as regards their specificity and expiring date.
- Record all entries of items on stock cards with the order number and expiring dates.
- Record the items either in terms of unit or box, according to Action Against Hunger’s specifications, in order to facilitate the process of orders.
- Record any medical item entry and exit in stock cards on a weekly basis;
- Do the weekly/monthly drugs inventory.
- Report discrepancies and general consumption issues to the Supply Chain Senior Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or a related field.
- Experience in stock management.
- Fluency in spoken and written English language.
- Fluency in the Hausa language is desirable.
- Strong work ethic: punctuality, responsibility and flexibility;
- Strong sense of organisation and attention to detail;
- Capacity to work in a team.
- High level of motivation.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Work experience in an INGO setting will be an added advantage.
- Experience in handling pharmacy supplies for hospital projects.
Starting Basic Salary
- NGN 326,033 per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
11th May 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.